Believe it or not, it’s actually super easy to create a salon-perfect half-moon manicure at home. All you need is a Call It Spring nail polish kit, a top coat and some reinforcement stickers (aka those things you put on hole-punched binder paper).
Here are our easy to follow steps:
1. Clean and file your nails.
2. Apply 1 coat of the colour you want the moon to be.
2. Let it dry for at least 20-30 minutes. It seems like a long time, but this step is very important so don’t cheat! If you don’t let it dry fully, the reinforcement stickers will peel the colour off, and you will have to start all over again.
3. Use reinforcement stickers to create a half-circle at the base of the nails. Try to stay apply the stickers the same on each of your nails, so that the finished moon size will look even.
**Tip: We found that if you cut the reinforcement stickers cut in half it works better, but you can let them full if you prefer.
4. Paint the whole nail again with the colour you want to appear on the top.
5. Let it dry for 10-15 minutes, then peel off the reinforcement sticker very slowly.
6. Finish by applying a top coat to and strength and shine to your nails!
7. And voila! Your very on DIY half-moon manicure!